First, I would like to say thank you to the many members and visitors who gave us feedback regarding these changes. Starting February 1 membership prices now reflect the large community Fontenelle Forest has become. Individual, Two Individuals, and Household levels will each increase $10. I’m also excited to announce the availability of a new membership add-on called Plus One! This allows for a member to bring one guest with them every time they visit the Forest. This could be a friend, a neighbor, grandmother, ANYONE, and it can be a different person each visit. This is in addition to the member benefit to bring two guests with them for half priced admission on each visit. Plus One brings versatility as well as convenience to any level of membership. The cost is $25.
I encourage you to join the Fontenelle Forest community as 2016 begins. Your membership dues do not just give you access to amazing miles of trails, they make you a donor and a member of a much larger Fontenelle Forest community and family.
A donor who can be proud that in 2015 alone:
- Over 564 birds were rescued throughout the state of Nebraska by Fontenelle Forest’s Raptor Recovery (the second largest number in the nearly 40 year history of Raptor Recovery)
- Construction began on the new Raptor Woodland Refuge exhibit
- More than 100,000 people visited the Nature Center
- Over 40,000 school-age children received important environmental education
- The Save the Oaks Restoration project to restore and preserve the Forest’s centuries-old oak woodlands and savannas began
- An all new, innovative Fontenelle Forest website was launched
- and much more!
You are the reason Fontenelle Forest, a private non-profit, nature preserve flourishes. Thank you and may the new year bring you much joy and success. I hope to see you on the trails!
– Joanie Soverns, Manager of Donor Relations and Membership