Fontenelle Forest is open to the public.
Please see our current covid-19 guidelines below.
Before visiting the Forest, please read our detailed list of reopening guidelines below, so that you know what to expect when visiting.
What can I expect when I visit?
- If you feel ill, please stay home. For the safety of our members, guests, volunteers, and Fontenelle Forest staff, we respectfully ask that if you feel sick, have a fever, or are exhibiting any symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home and visit the Forest at another time when you are feeling well.
- Masks are currently optional inside the building. The Forest is mask-friendly, which means that we ask all guests to respect the decision of others to wear a mask. If you are in need of a mask, disposable masks are available for purchase at our Visitor Services desk. The Forest also reserves the right to implement a mask requirement at any time for the safety of our members, guests and staff.
- Mudpies, a structured program for children ages 3-5 and their caregiver, takes place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at the Forest and is located in the new Mudpies education classroom (Nature Center, Lower Level). Please see our current mask policy, listed above. Although not currently required, masks are strongly encouraged for all Mudpies participants while inside due to the close parameters of the classroom environment and the inability of young children to receive the COVID vaccine. All flat surfaces are disinfected in between classes and at the end of each day. Get more details about Mudpies here.
- Habitat Hollow, our indoor discovery zone, is open. All flat surfaces are disinfected daily. Toys and other surfaces are disinfected weekly. Hand-sanitizing stations are available for personal use.
- Acorn Acres is open, but is an outdoor area and is not cleaned or sanitized.
- Camps At the time camp is in session, the Forest’s current COVID-19 policy will be followed. Please see our mask policy above. Campers and counselors will wash hands or sanitize throughout the day. We are planning activities that encourage distance between campers and discourage physical contact. For additional details about camps, click here.
You can purchase daily admission or renew your membership in the following ways:
- Online at FontenelleForest.org/Visit.
- Over the phone with a credit/debit card by calling 402-731-3140.
- Cash can be placed in the admission box (through the access gate and to your left at Fontenelle Forest Nature Center). Neale Woods and other locations have a lockbox where you can pay daily admission.
- Cash or credit/debit card can be accepted at the Visitor Services desk inside the Nature Center.
Purchase a membership or daily admission online or by calling Visitor Services at 402-731-3140.
Questions? Call Visitor services at 402-731-3140.
pROGRAM AND EVENT updates/CANCELLATIONS
Fontenelle Forest is open. For an updated list of events, visit FontenelleForest.org/calendar.
For questions, please call our Visitor Services desk at 402-731-3140.
reducing the risk to yourself and others
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and its partners continue to track the unfolding outbreak of illness caused by the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and anticipate its impact on Nebraska and its health care system. You can reduce the risk to yourself and others by closely monitoring the situation and following the guidelines set forth by local, state and national health agencies.
Additional Trusted Resources
Click on the links below to find the most up-to-date information regarding Covid-19 from trusted local and national resources.