- This event has passed.
Do Space at Fontenelle Forest
February 19 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Do Space and Fontenelle Forest have teamed up to create a new and innovative experience for young tech and nature lovers!
On February 19th, Do Space will be on-site at Fontenelle Forest, bringing several tech stations that feature a nature twist. Complimentary hot cocoa will be available in the Great Hall. Attendees are also granted day access to all of Fontenelle Forest Nature Center (including trails) for the day.
What is Do Space? Do Space is a technology library, open to everyone in Omaha, that provides free access to the latest software, devices, and ultra-fast internet. Learn more about Do Space HERE.
Date: February 19
TIME: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Fontenelle Forest Nature Center
PROGRAM FEE: FREE, drop-in program open to the public (no pre-registration necessary)
AGES: Event stations are geared towards ages 5+. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. Additional activities for parents to do with younger children will be available (see details below).
TRANSPORTATION: A free bus shuttle will run between Do Space and Fontenelle Forest from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. See detailed bus schedule below. All minors must be accompanied by an adult. Masks are required at all times on the bus.
COVID-19 POLICY: See Fontenelle Forest’s current COVID-19 policy HERE.
Virtual Reality headsets
Have you ever wanted to become a bird? Now is your chance with Do Space’s virtual reality system! Fly around and see the world from a literal “bird’s-eye view.”
3-D doodlers keychains
Create your own nature-inspired keepsake with 3-D pens! Trace over the plant and animal stencils, or craft your own keychain design.
Learn the basics of coding with our Finch Robots! These bird bots can move, light up, sing, and so much more. What will you train them to do?
3-D printer demos
Discover all of the opportunities available with a Do Space membership. Make sure to stop by for some free swag and check out one of our 3-D printers in action!
free bus Shuttle Schedule (to and from Do Space & Fontenelle Forest)
Do space to Fontenelle forest
Bus pick-up location will be at the west side of the Do Space building
Begins at 9:30 a.m. running every hour (9:30, 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 1:30)
Fontenelle Forest to Do Space
Bus pick-up location will be in front of the Nature Center at Fontenelle Forest
Begins at 10:00 a.m. running every hour (11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00)
Although this event is geared towards ages 5+, there will be several activities for parents to do with younger children, including:
- Habitat Hollow (indoor, Nature Center, Lower Level) will be open and includes a variety of nature-based education stations, including a scavenger hunt, make-and-take station, coloring station, baby birdwatching station, as well as a critter viewing encounter, amongst others.
- Scavenger hunt for plaza/boardwalk (outdoor, weather permitting)
SAVE THE DATE!
Fontenelle Forest will be at Do Space on March 5th.
On March 5th, Fontenelle Forest will be at Do Space for another exciting, family-friendly event. The March 5th event will feature several nature-inspired experiences for Do Space participants, including:
- Cold-blooded Animals – Get up close and personal with some of Fontenelle Forest’s resident slimy and scaly critters.
- Laser-cutter Tree Cookies – Watch your wood slice “tree cookie” be laser cut with a nature-themed design.
- Sensory Artifacts – Use your senses to discover more about nature with bones, sheds, and more.
- STEAM Activity – Blend science, technology, engineering, art, and math into one unique activity.
- Virtual reality – Learn what it feels like to fly like a bird using virtual reality.
- 3-D Doodlers – Create items found in nature using our 3-D pens and take them home with you.
Get the details here: https://tinyurl.com/2p84tptj