- This event has passed.
City Nature Challenge
April 27, 2019 @ 3:00 am - 12:00 pm
Welcome to the 2019 City Nature Challenge!
Cities around the world will be competing to see who can make the most observations of nature, find the most species, and engage the most people in the 2019 City Nature Challenge.
Thousands of people from across the globe will get outside to look for nature in their cities! Results will be announced on Friday May 6th.
* All day: Free Milkweed pollinator plant with entry to the Forest (while supplies last)
- 9:00-10:00 AM: Plant Hike with Neal Ratzlaff
- 10:00-11:00 AM: Bird Hike with Bob Wells
- 11:00-12:00 PM: Riverview Hike on the ADA Certified Boardwalk *Perfect for wheelchairs, strollers, power scooters
- 12:00-1:00 PM: Oak Savanna Hike with Bob Fuchs
- 1:00-2:00 PM: Wildflower Hike with Eric Scholar
- 2:00-3:00 PM: Amphibian Hike with Dennis Ferraro
- 3:00-4:00 PM: Nature Hike with Trisha Vann
- 4:00-5:00 PM: Reptile Hike with Dennis Ferraro
Learn more about this international initiative here: http://citynaturechallenge.org. Here are some of last year’s results: