baright GALLERY ARTIST SERIES:
April 4 to July 7, 2020
FONTENELLE FOREST IS PROUD TO PRESENT COMMUNITY, A BARIGHT GALLERY ARTIST SERIES EXHIBIT CELEBRATING THE ARTWORKS OF THE FONTENELLE FOREST COMMUNITY.
SUBMISSIONS FOR COMMUNITY 2020 ARE NOW CLOSED. IF YOU SUBMITTED ARTWORK FOR CONSIDERATION, YOU WILL HEAR FROM US SOON. THANK YOU.
Community is a non-juried, salon-style exhibit that celebrates the creativity of our members, neighbors, staff, volunteers and friends. This show is a portrait of a vibrant, diverse, and multifaceted ecosystem of makers featuring artists of any age and working in any medium, style theme or concept.
This exhibit will be on view in our gallery from April 4 to July 7, 2020. An opening reception will take place on April 4, 2020. The Baright Gallery Artist Series is sponsored by Mutual of Omaha.
THE GUIDELINES BELOW ARE FOR REFERENCE FOR PARTICIPATING ARTISTS.
- Fontenelle Forest membership is not required, but encouraged, for each artist. Not a Fontenelle Forest member yet? Join here.
- Artist must submit a completed submission form by March 2, 2020. Form and requirements included below.
- 1-3 original artworks per artist. Fontenelle Forest will show at least one artwork per submitting member, depending on spatial constraints. Fontenelle Forest reserves the right to display artworks in other areas of Fontenelle Forest, due to space constraints.
- We can accept two- or three-dimensional wall-mounted media in small to medium scale, including: sculpture, paintings, works on paper, fiber arts, mixed media, photography and paper arts. Please contact Dana Meyer, Manager of Marketing and Events, at email@example.com if you are unsure if your work is suitable for the space.
- 2-D artwork in any media must be ready to install, maximum size 20” x 20” and maximum weight 20 pounds. Work must be ready to hang with a wire or sawtooth hangers.
- 3-D artwork maximum size 20”(l) x 20”(w) x 35”(h) and maximum 40 pounds. Please note that Fontenelle Forest has a limited number of pedestals – if you have your own display infrastructure, please let us know.
- Works related to nature and the environment are of special interest, but not required – even more strongly encouraged is artwork that depicts or is related to Fontenelle Forest itself.
- There is no age limit for submissions.
After the submission deadline of March 2, all artists will be contacted by Fontenelle Forest staff to confirm which work(s) will be shown in the exhibit. Artists will be asked to sign an exhibit agreement at that time (please view this template for reference).
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS (DUE MARCH 2, 2020):
- Each artist must submit a community submission form to be considered for the exhibit and upload an image of each piece of artwork you are submitting (acceptable file formats are noted in the submission form).
- Please consider a donation to Fontenelle Forest to support the creation and run of this exhibit. Visit fontenelleforest.org to donate and note “Community 2020” in the comments.
- Artwork must be labeled on the back with artist’s name, phone number and email.
- Please review the detailed guidelines and terms on the submission form.
- All artwork must be hand-delivered to Fontenelle Forest on the following dates and times: March 20, 23, 24 or 25 between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm.
- Artists must pick up unsold artwork on the following dates and times: July 16, 17, 20 or 21, between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm. Artwork not picked up on these dates becomes the property of Fontenelle Forest.
- Fontenelle Forest retains 30% of the artwork sale price. All artwork must be for sale unless otherwise agreed upon with Fontenelle Forest. Payment for sold works will be mailed to the artists within 30 days after the close of the exhibit.
- Fontenelle Forest reserves the right to refuse any artwork for any reason.
- Artwork cannot be removed prior to the exhibit closing date.
- Artworks may be reproduced in publications and communications for publicity purposes related to the exhibit and general promotion. Artwork is subject to photography by gallery visitors.
Have a question about the exhibit or call for artists? Contact Dana Meyer, Manager of Marketing and Events, at firstname.lastname@example.org.